Rules for blogging
A blog can be very exciting, it allows people from all over the world to share our learning and make comments. We need to remember to follow a few simple rules to stay safe and to get the most out of our blog. It is very important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way. This ties in with National Curriculum objectives and ICT Key Skills that the children are expected to learn and apply.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our pupils when blogging. The guidelines are also reminders of how to use the blog to improve writing and keyboarding skills.
Please follow our blogging rules:
· Only use your first name when commenting – no surnames.
· Keep safe – don’t reveal any personal information.
· No text talk – write in full sentences and read your work back carefully before submitting.
· Be polite – don’t post anything that could hurt anyone.
· Always show respect – be positive and always remember that the blog is an extension of our school that the rest of the world is able to see.
· All posts are checked by school staff before they are approved.
If you have any more concerns about the security of the blog then please feel free to have a chat with your child’s class teacher or Mrs Livesey(Computing coordinator).
Children have something you want to blog about? Take it to your teacher on a pen drive, who will upload it for you!
Visit our class blogs...